Yes, you may pick up your bib number and race shirt on race day near the starting line, however, there will be a $20 fee to do so. You may sign up for this option during registration or you may pay CASH on race morning. No exceptions.
No. To allow for optimal race experience for everyone, only runners and walkers are allowed on the course. No rollerskates, skateboards, elliptical bikes, etc. Strollers ARE allowed, but all stroller parents will start at the very back and must stay on the shoulder of the course. This will be enforced.
Expo: March 29 & 30 – 4-8pm and 10-5pm, respectively at the Encinitas Community Center.
Race Day: Paid Bib Pick Up: 5:45am to 7am at Moonlight State Beach parking lot (next to start/finish line)
Half Marathon starts at 7:30am
5K start time: Line up is at 7:30am and the 5K will start roughly 10-15 minutes later.
Encinitas Community Center – 1140 Oakcrest Park Dr, Encinitas, CA 92024
Friday, March 29 – 4:30pm to 8:30pm
Saturday, March 30 – 10am to 6pm
There is NO FEE to pick up your bib at the Expo!
HALF MARATHON PRICE
$79 until September 2 $84 until Oct 15
89 until Dec 16
94 until Jan 6 $99 until Feb 10
- $115 until March 3
- $125 until sold out
You must complete the half marathon in at least 3 hours and 30 minutes. That is a 16 min/mile pace.
- Beautiful OCEANFRONT course full of support, entertainment and amenities the entire way!
- Top quality, technical fabric men and women’s race shirt
- HUGE Finisher’s Medal
- (1) Free beer at the massive After Party on Hwy 101
- Goody Bag
- Post-race Breakfast: Organic blueberry muffin with hot chocolate
- Souvenir Race Mug
- Professional Chip Timing, Prize Money and Awards
- Tons of sponsor giveaways at Finish line
- Free parking
100% of the net proceeds will benefit local ocean conservation projects, ocean education public art, disabled veterans, children with special needs and more project TBA!
All entries are non-refundable, but they are transferable to another person for $20 fee. Payment must be submitted by check and NO TRANSFERS after March 10th. Info under Half Marathon Details page. Please contact [email protected]
THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM CLOSES FOR NEW AMBASSADORS ON MARCH 1st
To earn your free entry, it’s just 3 Easy Steps:
- Email [email protected] for your personalized $10 OFF discount code.
- Share that code with your run club, friends, family, co-workers, on social media, etc.
- Once 7 people use your promo code, you’ll receive a FREE entry!
BUT, we don’t want any efforts to go unnoticed and we appreciate your effort, so here’s what you can get…
- 2 people use your code, you get an entry for $55.
- 3-4 people use your code, you get an entry for $45
- 5-6 people use your code, you get an entry for $35
- 7 people use your code and you run free!
WHAT IF I’M ALREADY SIGNED UP?
– If you already signed up and you get people to use your code, you can either use your free entry (or credit) for the following year or we’ll give you a free entry (or discounted entry) to give to a friend or loved one. There are no refunds.
CAN I USE THE CODE MYSELF?
– Yes, you can use the code yourself, but you will not receive a refund or credit for the entry you paid for.
WHEN DOES THE AMBASSADOR PROGRAM END?
-You have until March 15, 2019 to recruit fellow runners to use your code.
HOW DO I KNOW WHO HAS USED MY CODE?
-Please email [email protected] for a report on how many and who has used your code. You may do this at anytime.
WHAT IF MORE THAN 7 PEOPLE TO USE MY CODE?
-For every 7 people that use your code, you’ll receive a free entry.
WHO CAN I SHARE THIS CODE WITH?
-Friends, family, co-workers, on social media, blogs, websites, etc. No, anyone can use your code and you don’t need to personally know them.
Fully staffed hydration stations at almost every mile along the course, MUIR Energy at Mile 8, Ultima Replenisher at all water stations, portable toilets and medical runners/emergency vehicles will be along the course.
Yes, however, they will need a photo picture or copy of your ID – no exceptions.
Yes. Complimentary pace groups will be provided by A Snail’s Pace Running Club. Pace group leaders run a steady pace throughout the event so participants can complete the race in their desired time. Pace groups with the following finish times will be offered: 1:30, 1:35, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 2:00, 2:10, 2:15, 2:20, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00, 3:15.
Yes! The timing company will offer live results, split times, live tracking and computers for results look up!
NO. If a runner is seen on the course with no bib number, they will be removed from the course immediately for safety and security reasons.
Yes, 13 years old. All participants under 18 years old must have a waiver signed by their parent or legal guardian. We recommend anyone under 16 years old is accompanied on the course by a registered parent or legal guardian.